UzLand Logo

DECEMBER
01 02 03 04 05 06
07 08 09 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
31
UzLand web-site was launched in February of 1998
                 

Uzbekistan publishes Quran for the blind

The first 700 copies of the Quran in braille have already been published and will be given for free to schools for the blind and to libraries, said Shoazim Minovarov, head of the Uzbek Committee for Religious Affairs. Uzbekistan plans to print a total of 4,000 copies of the special Quran, which will be in Arabic details


Amendments to the Law on Elections let the minority override over the majority

Amendments to the Law on Elections both of a president and to the parliament of Uzbekistan set an unprecedented practice for Uzbekistan in which 33% of voters can still make elections valid despite the unwillingness or inability of the rest of the 67% of voters to show up at an election poll. This allows 33% of the voters to impose their will on the rest of the voters. Before this number was 50%. details


WWW UzLand.Info UzLand.Uz

Is "Velvet Revolution" possible in Uzbekistan?


Current Results

become number one
Rambler's Top100


Copying, reproduction and use of any materials from UzLand are allowed with attribution to this site.
Copyright © 1998-2005 UzLand. Uzbekistan Information Directory - UzLand.
All Rights Reserved. E-mail: info@uzland.info or ICQ us.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

UzLand Logo
hosted by